Every foreigner must, before entering the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, hold a valid and recognized travel document.
Nationals of certain countries must also have a Visa, commonly known as the ‘Schengen visa’.
The Schengen Visa is a short-stay visa (maximum of 3 months during a period of 6 months) for business, tourism, family visits, etc.
It must be applied for from Luxembourg consular services before departure.
The obligation to hold a visa depends on:
- the nationality of the traveller;
- the length of his/her stay;
- and in certain cases the reason for his/her visit to Luxembourg.
Where can you find information?
- The website of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs tells you whether or not you need a Schengen Visa and gives details of the procedures to be followed to apply for one.
- Procedures: guichet.lu, the administrative guide to Luxembourg explains the procedures to be followed when applying for a Schengen Visa.